Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Book of Job!!!

4 reminders later… I am beginning to read the signboard!!!

First it was my sister who spoke to me… and she described Job, as a wonderful wonderful lesson to keep oneself grounded in faith even when all else seems to crumble all around!! A subject I’d often spoken to her about and yet, reading the book of Job easily connected her to the CORE of the lesson she needed to learn Smile

Last Sunday Rev Arun Andrews  of RZIM spoke on the subject  emphasised on the LOSSES that JOB faced and how EVEN IN THE LOSSES he praised GOD!!! As he spoke, I was wonderfully transported into the WHY of my presence at this particular service and my gratitude extended to the heavens in the sheer KNOWING that God indeed has a greater plan for my life and the purpose of this period holds SOOOO many lessons to be cherished!

On Wednesday I watched a movie on sony pix “Keeping Mum” in which the subject of a Vicar’s speech at a convention was “God’s Mysterious ways” and a rather THOUGHT PROVOKINGLY written script that stayed longer with me than the rest of the movie Winking smile 

On Thursday I was speaking with Aunty Colleen… someone who is really really the one person I share so much with…. and she spoke to me about the most important part of the story of JOB… the beginning WHEN GOD and Satan discussed JOB and the end of the book… when God Blessed JOB with double of all he lost!!!

While I realise that there are more than 4 reasons for me to read the book of Job… the deeper thought is to review it from the PERSPECTIVE of Gratitude!!

Could there be a reason far greater for the many reminders for me to read this book again? … for me to read between the lines of that which is written?… for me to express a greater gratitude for my own personal growth in faith?…. Or is it just for me to understand the PHASE which I am NOW in… and learn to truly be grateful for the brilliance of faith beaming straight through history into the present moment… with a PURPOSE of RESOLUTION!!!

hold on… watch out for this space…. God’s Mysterious Ways in Dee’s life is unfolding… a truth RECEIVED and SHARED is a TRUTH lived!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment